tf2india
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
snipingyoudown

We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess Empty
PostSubject: We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess   We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 11:15 am

Though I wanted to discuss this over on steam but wanted to see the response from others as well....so here it goes,

Why dont we invite some regular SG clans as well, I am sure a couple of them would be interested in joining and as u know we wont have much timing/ping problems as well. We can invite only the clans which are on par with Indian clans and with whom we regularly scrim.

And ofcourse more teams would mean more fun. So what do you guyz say??
Back to top Go down
hitman02in
Admin
hitman02in

PostSubject: Re: We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess   We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 12:51 pm

snipingyoudown wrote:
Though I wanted to discuss this over on steam but wanted to see the response from others as well....so here it goes,

Why dont we invite some regular SG clans as well, I am sure a couple of them would be interested in joining and as u know we wont have much timing/ping problems as well. We can invite only the clans which are on par with Indian clans and with whom we regularly scrim.

And ofcourse more teams would mean more fun. So what do you guyz say??

well there are some problems in this see -
1) we dont have a personal server yet - vs is sponsoring us and will provide a server but we cannot rely on free servers for inviting foreign clans.
later when we have our own server this will be more feasible
2) well i dont think any of us has the experience/time to handle teams and league at this moment.
after first season when we have more experience maybe we should consider clans from outside India.

so first season is with Indian teams only - i talked this through with you on steam already.
Back to top Go down
hitman02in
Admin
hitman02in

PostSubject: Re: We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess   We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:03 am

oops cheese - i think your pot got deleted by mistake - i was deleting my own and kin's posts.

anyway - i think i remember mainly what you posted -

here's my reply --

1) whats difference between indian teams / foreign teams in using free server ? - well indian teams know how unreliable vs is - and if we get server downtime or something - they are expected to co-operate fully - like postponing matches / using different server.
foreign teams might be more demanding in this..

2) playing better teams makes a team better ? - umm which teams are you talking about here ? which teams will be willing to participate in the indian league and play on vs server ? i doubt there will be many - or even 1.

3) better check with tMg / TnT / sS what they want ? - umm ?? tf2india.com is organizing the league - we decide the rules - suggestions from all participating teams are very welcome and most of them have been executed too - like increasing roster limit to 15 - allowing RD>< to compete even though they donot have steam IDs - and many others - including match scheduling and stuff.

ps - and its not like sg clans arent allowed to participate - registrations were supposed to end 8th august - its 14th august now - still we will accept any teams who register upto 17th august now.ill make an announcement to the same effect in the league section.
teams from all over the world are welcome to join and take part in this league.-___-

you want teams from SG ? get them in if you can.dont rely on me to do everything cheese - i cant do everything.
Back to top Go down
Gabbar

Gabbar

PostSubject: SG clans   We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 3:34 pm

Well we have 5 clans already and may be we r expecting more(?) ........but i think let this league be only Indian......because new clans aren't experienced though its good to play against good teams.....we need more practice ......i m honest Smile
Back to top Go down
shady2020

PostSubject: Re: We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess   We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 4:34 pm

I think 5 teams sets the league up nicely to get over quickly and not drag along...If there were to be more teams and the league over a longer period of time there'd definitely be a few drop outs as we saw in the case of gamesync league...Anyways if we were to invite any more teams i think the malysiain clans like PT and LYN++ would be nice i think since they also have about only 2 clans in there and hence cant have a league of their own... sunny
Back to top Go down
pheonix

pheonix

PostSubject: Re: We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess   We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 6:05 pm

I really don't want the league to go on for a long time ...
and the more teams we have the more matches we have to organize.
I think the entire tournament should be short and sweet.

but then again ..
if we play with better teams we might improve our game
Back to top Go down
http://www.guiltymaverick.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess   We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess Empty

Back to top Go down

We can invite some SG clans as well i Guess
Page 1 of 1